Hello, K-BAP followers. It has been
like a month after the last K-Recipe. I’m so sorry for late post of Korean food
recipe. In fact, I didn’t even think about posting recipe on this K-BAP blog
because it is a little harder than writing K-BAP stories. However, I took many
pictures of me making Korean food. I can surely tell you that the first and
second recipes were just foretastes. From this week, the real recipe for real
Korean food would be posted. The third menu of K-Recipe is ‘Kimchi Jjigae
with Ham’.
You might wonder what ‘Jjigae’ means.
In plain language, ‘Jjigae’ is one of the kinds of ‘Guk’. I’ll explain about
later in K-BAP story. To return, this menu is one of the most popular dishes in
Korea. Even, I have learned how to make this when I was 7. Almost all of
Koreans are love this food. Okay then, let’s begin to cook.
Kimchi
Jjigae with Ham (Spam) – Serving 4 to 5 people.
Total time: 40
minutes = Prep 15 minutes + Cook 25 minutes.
Ingredients:
Kimchi / 3 Pieces of Garlic / Half of Onion / 1 Chili Pepper
Sesame Oil / 1 Can of Ham (Spam) / 1 Table spoon of Sugar
Black Pepper / Vegetable Oil
1 full bowl of Rice Water – The rice water used to wash rice
Cook Utensils: 1
Table Spoon / Medium sized Pot / Knife
Directions
1. Preparation.
1) Smash
& Crush garlics with your knife. 2) Slice half of onion.
3)
Chop 1 to 2 of chili pepper diagonally 4) Slice 1 can of Ham (Spam).
5)
Chop some Kimchi (however you want) roughly.
6)
Prepare rice water. *click it, then you would know the other efficacy of it
2. Cooking.
1) Pour 3 to 4 table spoons of vegetable
oil into medium sized pot.
(If you have one, pour 1 spoon of sesame
oil)
2) Put sliced onion and black pepper
into the pot and stir-fry it.
(Use moderate fire power of stove.)
3) When onion is properly stir-fried, mix it with chopped Kimchi, garlic, and ham.
(Now you can use stronger fire power.)
4) While stir-frying the mixed
ingredients, put 1 table spoon of sugar in it.
(Sugar will weaken the tangy taste of
Kimchi for this dish.)
5) Pour 1 full bowl of rice water before the mixed ingredients to be burnt.
(Burnt ingredients make this dish
bitter. Watch well!)
6) Put chopped chili pepper on the
surface of Kimchi Jjigae.
7) Cover the pot with proper lid and let
it be properly boiled for at least 20 minutes.
8) Enjoy your Kimchi Jjigae with a bowl of 'Bap'!
Thank you.


No comments:
Post a Comment