10.18.2016

K-Recipe the 5th Menu

           Hello, K-BAP followers! Are you having great week? Oh, I know I can’t get your answers. I just asked you this because there was no appropriate sentence to start this blogpost. Sorry, it was just a joke. It has been more than a week from the last post that included the video of cooking chicken Jook. I don’t know whether you saw it or not, but I really want to tell you that I did my best to make the video of 4th K-BAP recipe. Thus, if you have not seen it yet, please find it and watch it for me.
           ‘Saeng-il’. Can you expect what this Korean word means? In Korean, we write that word with ‘생일’. This Korean word refers to a birthday. Yes, birthday is the main theme of this 5th recipe post. Usually, what food is well-known for the typical menu of birthday’s meal? You might think about cake, but in Korea, we eat Miyeok-gook. It is the gook cooked with sea weed. Miyeok can be interpreted in english with japanese, 'Wakame'. If you find this package in the Korean market, you should try to buy this one. This particular sea weed has been well-known for its efficacy to help strengthen the immune system. Therefore, Miyeok-Gook is traditionally a must-have for mothers after giving birth. Today, I’ll give you the recipe to cook Miyeok-Gook.
Miyeok Gook(미역국) – Serving 4 to 5 people
Total time: 1 Hours = Prep 25 minutes + Cook 35 minutes
Ingredients: Dried Miyeok(Sea weed) / 3 pieces of Garlic / Sesami Oil / Stew meat (beef) 
                  /1 Full bowl of Rice Water / Ground pepper
Cook Utensils: 1 Table Spoon / Medium sized Pot / Knife

Directions
           1. Preparation
             1) Soak dried Miyeok for at least 20 minutes.
             2) Smash & Crush garlics with your knife.
             3) Chop stew meat with your knife.
             4) After 20 minutes, squeeze water out of soaked Miyeok and chop it also.

           2. Cook
             1) Pour vegetable oil and 1 spoon of sesame oil into the pot.


             2) Heat up the pot with medium fire power.
             3) Put the chopped stew meat into the pot and stir-fry it.

             4) If the meat’s color changes to light brown, put the chopped Miyeok and garlic.

             5) Add some ground pepper and stir-fry the mixed ingredients for 3-4 minutes.
             6) Pour 1 spoon more of sesame oil into the pot for better taste.
             7) Pour the rice water into the pot, and heat up the pot with strong fire power.

             8) Put 1 spoon of Gan-jang for seasoning.

             9) Let it boiled until the color of the Gook changes to green.

             Tip) If you have kimchi, try it together with Miyeok-gook.

Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment